- Having tightly packed fibres, crystals, or other structural elements.More example sentences
- Carya illinoensis has close-grained, hard wood that is pale reddish-brown with occasional dark streaks.
- The best wooden boards are thick, heavy, and stable and made from close-grained hardwoods like maple - but they're also rather expensive.
- Beech and particularly the close-grained sycamore seem to have been the most usual choices for painted boxes and other small objects.
More definitions of close-grainedDefinition of close-grained in:
- The US English dictionary