- Fabric made of silk or wool interwoven with gold threads: the bishop was dressed in cloth of gold [count noun]: a cloth of gold to cover his coffinMore example sentences
- The sherbet-cups are placed on a round tray, and covered with a round piece of embroidered silk, or cloth of gold.
- At the head of the procession was the Master and his two lieutenants who carried banners of purple velvet and cloth of gold.
- Beyond and below that was a chair of state facing the altar, and between this chair and the altar was St Edward's chair, covered in cloth of gold.
More definitions of cloth of goldDefinition of cloth of gold in:
- The US English dictionary