Suitable for membership of a club because of one’s sociability or popularity: his social world was inhabited exclusively by clubbable men
More example sentences
- His predecessor rarely set foot in the White Heather Club, but he is a clubbable kind of chap.
- Not being clubbable - indeed, not being admitted into some clubs - she rose above the leadership of the party before taking it.
- Unmarried, very short, plump early in life, fat later, overdressed, vain, and watchful, Gibbon was easy to make fun of, and though he belonged to Johnson's Club, he was not a clubbable man.
- Example sentences
- Nor should cooperation be confused with clubbability.
- The rugby union World Cup in Australia was a festival of clubbability.
- But he was hopping mad about this breach of senatorial clubbability and rang the old boy to complain.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: club|bable
Definition of clubbable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.