Definition of co-education in English:
The education of pupils of both sexes together.
- Pupils felt co-education also leads to improved social and personal development.
- This week marks a new beginning for pupils and teachers alike as a new system of co-education begins in the town's two primary schools.
- Educationalists have observed that co-education is a positive influence on the interaction of boys and girls.
- Example sentences
- I'm currently sixteen years old, and I attend a co-educational boarding school.
- It is a co-educational Catholic grammar school but it is open to students of all faiths and encourages the development of all in their own faith.
- I am confident that this report is commensurate with our status as one of the leading co-educational boarding schools in the north of England.
Definition of co-education in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan