Relating to or denoting a medical condition that co-occurs with another.
- Most patients had serious co-morbid illnesses such as diabetes, chronic respiratory and heart disease.
- Her chest x-ray was reported to be stable, however her co-morbid conditions were causing continued weight loss, e.g. lack of control of her diabetes.
- Of all mental disorders, depression is probably the one most frequently seen co-morbid with other diseases.
- Example sentences
- Guidelines should take into account the risks due to the high incidence of comorbidity in the elderly.
- Several possible candidate variables produced significant t-tests results, indicating a significant association with comorbidity.
- The same review included a section on prevalence of comorbidity in the disorder.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.