Definition of co-occur in English:
Occur together or simultaneously: sets of symptoms which always co-occur a plural subject can co-occur with a singular verb
More example sentences
- This increased complexity appears to have co-occurred with a change in subsistence patterns, as evidenced by bone chemistry and faunal and artifactual data.
- However, those three conditions did not always co-occur.
- Over time, similarly repeated anxiety-provoking experiences may contribute to the development of serious internalizing symptoms that co-occur with externalizing problems in these children.
- Example sentences
- Within this scheme, events are ordered by connections: sequence and co-occurrence are of the first importance.
- Although all three descriptors - good condition, dominance and high status occur frequently in conjunction with one another, and look intuitively as though they should be connected, their co-occurrences are not logically necessary.
- In spite of a great deal of investigation, the reasons for these consistent - though far from exceptionless - co-occurrences of grammatical properties have remained largely obscure.
Definition of co-occur in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India