- A colloid-rich viscous liquid phase which may separate from a colloidal solution on addition of a third component.More example sentences
- Recombinant human elastin peptides coacervate in heated solutions to form fibrillar aggregates.
- There are few examples of synthetic polyelectrolytes that produce complex coacervates, however.
- Observe the coacervates under high power and make drawings of what you see.
early 20th century: back-formation from coacervation, based on Latin cum '(together) with' + acervus 'heap'.
More definitions of coacervateDefinition of coacervate in:
- The US English dictionary