(Of a vehicle) having specially or individually built bodywork.
- Inside, you are enclosed in something between an airlock and a time warp: a coach-built interior of wood, chrome and leather that harks back to the last days of the Austro-Hungarian empire.
- With coach-built body and traditional British charm, this is a unique motoring experience.
- The coach-built pram has been around since 1877 but production stopped last year when the company went into receivership.
- Example sentences
- Built by Italian coachbuilder Bertone, the fabric-roofed Astra is lately the best-selling convertible in the UK.
- Italy, home of the world's most famous stylists and coachbuilders, should surely also be the home of the luxury car.
- The potential would exist for the re-creation of great body builders, like the coachbuilders of days gone by.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.