- The distinctive heraldic bearings or shield of a person, family, corporation, or country.More example sentences
- These later evolved into official coats of arms, representing families and clans.
- Down the street, in the former Kildare Street Club, there is a fine display of Irish coats of arms and heraldry.
- The Red Wyvern is a mythical two-headed dragon which featured on the coat of arms of the Clifford family of Appleby.
More definitions of coat of armsDefinition of coat of arms in:
- The US English dictionary