Definition of cobra in English:
1A highly venomous African or Asian snake that spreads the skin of its neck into a hood when disturbed.
- The dexterity with which the charmers handle deadly snakes such as cobras and vipers has added to the allure of the street-side performances.
- The snake charmers, in return for a small fee, rescue species like cobras and rat snakes that show up in people's homes and release them in forests.
- While human encounters with cobras, vipers, and pythons can prove fatal, more often than not it is the snakes that are killed.
2 (also cobra pose) A yoga pose assumed by lying on one’s stomach and raising one’s upper body so as to curve it backwards, using one’s arms and hands for support: as you do the cobra, make sure you are not overextending the lower back
More example sentences
- Some energizing postures given at her workshop included the cobra, locust, and chest expander.
- When you are more confident you can move to the next stage of the cobra, straightening your arms as you raise the top half of your body off the ground.
- Another therapeutic stretch is the cobra pose, a fundamental yoga stretch.
Words that rhyme with cobragoalscorer • okra • Oprah
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.