- 1Crooked or askew; not level: cockeyed camera anglesMore example sentences
- There is a cedar wreath with dried flowers leaning at a cockeyed angle against the cross.
- Looking at the assembly, it obviously was cockeyed, which would have caused uneven wear and tear on the seal over time, with ultimate failure.
- Her ponytail is cockeyed, and it makes her head look off, swollen slightly over her ear.
- 1.1Absurd; impractical: do you expect us to believe a cockeyed story like that?More example sentences
absurd, preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible; idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, fanciful, imbecilic, insane, wild, hare-brained, impractical, impracticable, unworkable, unfeasible, non-viable, impossible; unreasonable, irrational, illogical, nonsensical, pointless, senseless; outrageous, shocking, astonishing, monstrous, fantastic, incongruous, grotesque; unbelievable, incredible, unthinkable, implausible, improbable
- I would have thought that suburbanites would be the very last to indulge in such a cockeyed fanciful endeavour.
- Does this readiness to invest in so-called safety devices represent sheer barking madness or a rather admirable brand of cockeyed optimism?
- After 17 years of European style instrument making, he finally came up with a product, which is a hybrid mixture of discipline, practicality and Australian cockeyed optimism.
- 1.2 • dated Drunk: I got cockeyedMore example sentences
- Why lounge around in a bar, spending money, when you could get cockeyed on the clock while dollars rolled into your pocket?
- In the middle of filming of the movie, he arrived on the set weaving and cockeyed.