A North American hawthorn which is grown for its rich orange autumn foliage.
- Crataegus crus-galli, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- It's 53 metres long by 13 metres wide, is well-established and contains a number of mature trees, including a cockspur thorn and hazels.
- It belongs to the group of cockspur thorns whose flowers and fruits are borne on pubescent pedicels.
- In the plantation near the Latchford Gate is a broad-leaved cockspur thorn.
Definition of cockspur thorn in:
- The US English dictionary