Definition of code name in English:
A word used for secrecy or convenience instead of the usual name: using the code name ‘Charlie’, Dick was on the phone with the President more and more
More example sentences
- I don't known why the Secret Service gives out the code name, but his code name is Tumbler.
- We don't know if that's his real name or a code name.
- Ah, he does not want me to say his name but he has given me a code name.
- Example sentences
- His crusade against crime came to an end when an internal operation, code-named Operation Lancet, was launched into allegations of police misconduct.
- The technology, code-named LaGrande, was designed to protect computers from viruses and bad-natured hackers.
- She sets out on a single-handed mission to avenge the murders by targeting each code-named team member in turn.
Definition of code name in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan