Definition of code-sharing in English:
Agreement between two or more airlines to list certain flights in a reservation system under each other’s names.
- The airline now has code-sharing on flights into the New York City market, but you can't fly that route from many of its own cities.
- The carrier hopes to add Chinese destinations, either by using their planes or through code-sharing with Chinese carriers, Pinoli said.
- The two airlines began their code-sharing and reciprocal frequent flyer program about a year ago.
- Example sentences
- For a long time, the airlines code-shared aircraft across the Tasman and cooperated in many other ways on international routes.
- Qantas code-shares flights with BA from London via Singapore with a brief stop at Darwin and on to Cairns.
- The flights from Varna to Vienna will be code-shared with Austrian Airlines.
Definition of code-sharing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan