Definition of codebreaker in English:
A person who solves a code or codes.
- Two veteran code-breakers have received a worldwide response to their request for solutions to an enigmatic message on a monument.
- Such was the poor state of US intelligence communication, German code-breakers found it easy to intercept and interpret cables.
- By the time her brother died, he had recovered enough information for code-breakers at the wartime intelligence centre Bletchley Park to crack the Enigma codes.
- Example sentences
- The mathematician who has written books on code-breaking, is scheduled to speak next month.
- I find the Enigma files and ancillary code-breaking to be the most alluring of all spy activities.
- The book's mix of code-breaking, art history, religion and mystical lore has helped it sell 25 million copies since it was published two years ago.
Definition of codebreaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan