- An immature cod.More example sentences
- In even shallower water, the kelp cover thickened and small pollack and codling darted around, snapping at particles in the water.
- Fishermen often come there, as indicated by the sign which says it's a good spot for catching flatfish, bass and codling.
- Some 600,000 codlings are due to be delivered to cages belonging to the sea farms this summer.
- Any of several varieties of cooking apple having a long tapering shape.More example sentences
- Grandfather sold the russets and the codlings from his orchard, and those he didn't sell he stored in his pristine white-washed cellar.
late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French quer de lion 'lionheart'.