Definition of coeternal in English:
Existing with something else eternally: creation is not coeternal with God
More example sentences
- Christians believe in a complex God, three coeternal persons living a single enduring communion.
- Since God's power is coeternal with God himself, it is immutably the same.
- For Arius, the Son could not be coeternal with the Father.
- Example sentences
- Man exists coeternally with God as the temporal manifestation of His power and goodness.
- These three Persons are coequally and coeternally God and share the same authority and attributes.
- Latter-day scriptures and other sources do not explicitly state that eternal law exists independently or coeternally with God.
Definition of coeternal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.