- 1A person who collects things of a specified type, professionally or as a hobby: an art collectorMore example sentences
- Bonnycastle also points out that an art book gives collectors more reassurance about an artist's longevity.
- Among collectors and art professionals these reprints are called Heisei editions.
- He was a member of a large merchant family with diverse business interests, and he had four brothers who also were enthusiastic art collectors.
- 2An official who is responsible for collecting money: a tax collectorMore example sentences
- The tax collector sits at the money table with his cronies.
- But, beyond collecting the money for the government, the tax collector had to collect enough to cover his expenses and profits.
- As production increased, a standardized oil barrel became more important, both for businessmen and for government tax collectors.
- 3(In some South Asian countries) the chief administrative official of a district.More example sentences
- Praveen Garg, district collector of Khandwa, after visiting the area announced that district administration would undertake the revival initiatives.
- 4 Electronics The region in a bipolar transistor that absorbs charge carriers.More example sentences
- The collector, emitter and gate conductive pillars are respectively connected to the external collector, emitter and gate electrodes with calking.
- The shutter selectively blocks and permits the passage of the ionization electrons to the collector.
- Alternatively, the trap can be a collector separate and apart from the electrodes of the light source.
More definitions of collectorDefinition of collector in:
- The US English dictionary