- An industrial and university city in western Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia; population 989,800 (est. 2006). Founded by the Romans and situated on the River Rhine, Cologne is notable for its medieval cathedral. German name Köln.
More definitions of CologneDefinition of Cologne in:
- The US English dictionary
- Eau de cologne or similarly scented toilet water: bottles of cologne [count noun]: she could smell his cool lemony cologneMore example sentences
- As for yummy smells, I certainly find it hard to resist a man with the subtlest scent of cologne.
- I pulled his coat closer to me, taking strength from its warmth and its faint scent of cologne.
- I relaxed and inhaled the scent of his cologne, one that was becoming quite familiar to me.
early 19th century: named after Cologne in Germany.