- another term for rosin.More example sentences
- There followed a rapid succession of clinical studies dealing with occupational asthma induced by a variety of chemicals including colophony and acid anhydrides.
- Shoe dermatitis may be a result of contact allergy to chromates used in the tanning of leather, rubber found in the soles or lining, or, less commonly, colophony, a pine resin widely used in the adhesives used in the manufacture of shoes.
- The Defendants deny that they could reasonably have anticipated that the Claimant would have suffered any injury as a result of her minimal exposure to colophony fumes.
Middle English: from Latin colophonia (resina) '(resin) from Colophon', a town in Lydia, Asia Minor.
More definitions of colophonyDefinition of colophony in:
- The US English dictionary