- A social system in which black people are denied access to the same rights, opportunities, and facilities as white people.More example sentences
- A formal colour bar in employment was introduced in 1934, under the Industrial Conciliation Act.
- Hertzog's government and subsequent governments progressively entrenched the colour bar.
- He lost his job when he sided with the white (largely Afrikaner) workers in their dispute over the abandonment of the colour bar.
More definitions of colour barDefinition of colour bar in:
- The US English dictionary