Definition of colour code in English:
A system of marking things with different colours as a means of identification.
- She uses a colour code to help tell apart her 22-month-old identical triplet sons.
- The website will be updated weekly using a colour code to denote changes, with gold heralding the peak period.
- To mark the six months since the September 11 atrocities, your administration has launched a national colour code showing the level of the terrorist threat facing the country.
verbBack to top
(colour-code) [with object] Mark (things) with different colours as a means of identification: each unit is colour-coded for clarity
More example sentences
- The parents of a 22-year-old woman who was killed by a drug mix-up said she had died for the sake of a few pence - the cost of colour-coding the different dosages.
- Thoughtfully, the boxes for the different parties are colour-coded according to party.
- The different virus families are colour-coded.
Definition of colour code in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India