(also Royal Command Performance)
- (In the UK) a presentation of a play, concert, film, or other show at the request of royalty, who usually attend.More example sentences
- Known for his jazz musicality, Slyde is a favorite of musicians, and presented a command performance at the White House during the Clinton administration.
- A starring role in a command performance of Coppelia for the Netherlands's royal family highlighted his career.
- Sophonisba opened at Drury Lane on 28 February 1730 and ran for ten nights, giving the author three benefit performances, one of which was a command performance for the Prince and Princess of Wales that drew a glittering audience.
More definitions of command performanceDefinition of command performance in:
- The US English dictionary