Definition of commando in English:
noun (plural commandos)
1A soldier specially trained for carrying out raids: [as modifier]: a commando attack
More example sentences
- The mobilisation includes paramilitary forces, regular soldiers and specially trained commandos.
- This operational capability requires commandos to be trained and equipped differently to conventional infantry soldiers.
- Training was similar to that carried out by the commandos, with emphasis placed on raiding, sentry elimination, ambushing, cross-country night navigation exercises, and target attacks.
- informal Wear no underpants.Example sentences
- Women should go commando or wear loose fitting pajamas/nightgowns with no panties.
- Can you imagine having to recount the day you were found wearing grubby underwear or even worse, you were discovered going commando!
- And yes, as some of you will see in these paparazzi photos, she appears to go commando.
Definition of commando in:
- US English dictionary