- A person who carries out comparative study, especially of language or literature.More example sentences
- The MLA Publications Committee has also launched a new series, ‘World Literatures Reimagined,’ aimed specifically at comparatists.
- Over the last few years, interest in literary predecessors has justifiably fallen into disfavor among comparatists for being Eurocentric and essentialist.
- In general terms, membership affords the opportunity and context for association with comparatists throughout the world representing diverse interests, perspectives, and methods of inquiry.
More definitions of comparatistDefinition of comparatist in:
- The US English dictionary