- The occurrence of phenomena such as speech sounds in mutually exclusive contexts: bilabials were in complementary distribution with labiodentalsMore example sentences
- Next, given the standard formulation of binding conditions A and B, it is predicted that anaphors and pronominals be in strict complementary distribution, that is, anaphors can occur only where pronominals cannot, and vice versa.
- These two sounds do not occur in the same environment; they are in complementary distribution.
- These lexical pairs tend to be in complementary distribution.
More definitions of complementary distributionDefinition of complementary distribution in:
- The US English dictionary