- An injury in which a broken bone pierces the skin, causing a risk of infection.More example sentences
- That way you can upgrade your patient's break from a simple to a compound fracture and claim more money from the insurance company.
- He suffered a broken neck, a compound fracture of his right shoulder, and eye damage.
- He suffered a compound fracture of the shin bone, with the impact of the stick compressing the bone.
More definitions of compound fractureDefinition of compound fracture in:
- The US English dictionary