Definition of conceivable in English:
Capable of being imagined or grasped mentally: a mass uprising was entirely conceivable in every conceivable way that action was entirely wrong the body was photographed from every conceivable angle
More example sentences
- Then it is argued that what is imaginable or conceivable is metaphysically possible.
- She was mentally running through every conceivable reason for her daughter not to make contact.
- There were countless volumes ranging over almost every subject imaginable and in little conceivable order.
- Example sentences
- Orr's criterion for possibility is conceivability.
- Descartes is indeed considering the view of possibility as conceivability, but in doing so he is merely acknowledging what ‘everyone commonly means’ by ‘possible’.
- Many evolutionary biologists are satisfied with a very undemanding form of ability or capacity-namely conceivability.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia