Definition of concentric in English:
Of or denoting circles, arcs, or other shapes which share the same centre, the larger often completely surrounding the smaller: concentric circles indicate distances of 1 km, 2 km, and 3 km from the centre a universe consisting of concentric spheres or layers the revolving circle is concentric with the fixed outer circle
More example sentences
- It is Quaranth's misfortune to be a town that lies on one of three concentric circles that surround the tower.
- A fringe of short parallel lines ran around the edge, and then a pair of concentric circles nearer the centre.
- The cultural context of a map might be compared to a pattern of concentric circles surrounding the map.
- Example sentences
- With the attentional account of ILM, the two dots should produce a facilitation gradient concentrically.
- Convection is militated against by the large-scale geometry of the layering, which dips concentrically towards the centre of the granite and is incompatible with the existence of convection cells.
- But all too often you're not able to take full advantage of your eccentric capabilities because you fail concentrically first.
- Example sentences
- The Model 76 flat-bottomed receiver with integral recoil lug is time consuming to machine while maintaining concentricity.
- Williams chooses to define ‘humanism’ as a philosophical search for synthesis between alternatives, as a reduction of disparate phenomena to concentricity.
- On Demon RS carburetors - those equipped with billetraluminum removable venturi sleeves - the machining process guarantees their concentricity.
Definition of concentric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan