Definition of concentric in English:
Of or denoting circles, arcs, or other shapes which share the same centre, the larger often completely surrounding the smaller: concentric circles indicate distances of 1 km, 2 km, and 3 km from the centre a universe consisting of concentric spheres or layers the revolving circle is concentric with the fixed outer circle
More example sentences
- It is Quaranth's misfortune to be a town that lies on one of three concentric circles that surround the tower.
- A fringe of short parallel lines ran around the edge, and then a pair of concentric circles nearer the centre.
- The cultural context of a map might be compared to a pattern of concentric circles surrounding the map.
- Example sentences
- With the attentional account of ILM, the two dots should produce a facilitation gradient concentrically.
- Convection is militated against by the large-scale geometry of the layering, which dips concentrically towards the centre of the granite and is incompatible with the existence of convection cells.
- But all too often you're not able to take full advantage of your eccentric capabilities because you fail concentrically first.
- Example sentences
- The Model 76 flat-bottomed receiver with integral recoil lug is time consuming to machine while maintaining concentricity.
- Williams chooses to define ‘humanism’ as a philosophical search for synthesis between alternatives, as a reduction of disparate phenomena to concentricity.
- On Demon RS carburetors - those equipped with billetraluminum removable venturi sleeves - the machining process guarantees their concentricity.
Words that rhyme with concentricandrocentric, centric, eccentric, egocentric, ethnocentric, Eurocentric, geocentric, phallocentric, theocentric
Definition of concentric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.