- Art in which the idea or concept presented by the artist is considered more important than the finished product, if any such exists.More example sentences
- The 56-year-old artist creates paintings, sculptures and conceptual art, but he is foremost an installation artist.
- Artists were engaged in such varied practices as minimalism, Earthworks, Photo-realism, conceptual art, performance art, and feminist art.
- Gillette's method for producing the images combines elements of drawing, digital art, conceptual art and performance.
- More example sentences
- Three major installations by conceptual artist Antonio Muntadas are on view in this show.
- An experimental filmmaker, Lye was also regarded as New Zealand's first self-consciously conceptual artist.
- Dusseldorf is still the stronghold of West German artists, the abstract and conceptual artists for whom portrait and allegory belongs in the 19th century.
More definitions of conceptual artDefinition of conceptual art in:
- The US English dictionary