Definition of concurrent in English:
1Existing, happening, or done at the same time: there are three concurrent art fairs around the city
More example sentences
- He was fined a total of £140 with £60 costs and banned from driving for six months to run concurrent with the existing ban.
- An important way to ensure the defeat of al Qaeda is through applying pressure for change in the existing regimes' behaviors concurrent with supportive interaction with them.
- Observations may also indicate evolving issues that are concurrent with an existing issue, or a completely new issue.
1.1(Of two or more prison sentences) to be served at the same time: he received concurrent sentences of two years' imprisonment for each of his two convictions [postpositive]: she was given nine months concurrent for each offence
More example sentences
- On each of the murder counts, he was sentenced to concurrent terms of life imprisonment.
- The appellant was sentenced to a concurrent term of 5 years for the lesser offence of simple wounding.
- Subsequently, following his arrest a year later, he was sentenced to a concurrent term of 12 months for breach of bail.
1.2 Mathematics (Of three or more lines) meeting at or tending towards one point.
- These reciprocal figures, for example, have three forces in equilibrium in one figure represented by a triangle while in the reciprocal figure they are represented by three concurrent lines.
- There are many families of concurrent lines in a triangle.
- These arcades were later filled with canvases that fitted neatly into the frame of each arch, conveying the effect of a concurrent and symmetrical series of painted niches.
2Agreeing or consistent.
- This cost me some time in extra rest for the dogs, but it was concurrent with my race plan of coming into Dawson with a large well rested team.
- Beyrle's stance is concurrent with EU recommendations for stronger measures against piracy.
- The leadership style of your management must be concurrent with your mission statement and core values to run the business with one vision.
- Example sentences
- The technical data will be generated directly from design models, ensuring concurrency with system configurations.
- The city reviewed the building plans for concurrency, a measure of whether existing city services were adequate for the project.
- Models with two-way concurrency (mandatory concurrency) are processed simultaneously.
Words that rhyme with concurrentblackcurrant, currant, current, occurrent, redcurrant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.