- 1The expression of very strong disapproval; censure: there was strong international condemnation of the attackMore example sentences
- We ask you to add your voice to the growing chorus of condemnation of Australia's refugee program.
- Most telling about the agenda of Human Rights Watch is the joint NGO statement of condemnation regarding the Beslan terrorist massacre.
- There is much about rehearsals, interpretations, recommendations or condemnations of performers.
- 2The action of condemning someone to a punishment; sentencing.More example sentences
- All the time he was under condemnation at Newgate he seemed only to meditate on making his escape.
- As a result, they repeatedly solicited papal bulls condemning Jansenist works, and persecuted priests who refused formally to accept the condemnations.
- Condemnation of the serial killer has been matched by criticism of the ineffective work of the local police and school headmasters.