Definition of condemnation in English:
1The expression of very strong disapproval; censure: there was strong international condemnation of the attack
More example sentences
- We ask you to add your voice to the growing chorus of condemnation of Australia's refugee program.
- Most telling about the agenda of Human Rights Watch is the joint NGO statement of condemnation regarding the Beslan terrorist massacre.
- There is much about rehearsals, interpretations, recommendations or condemnations of performers.
2The action of condemning someone to a punishment; sentencing.
- All the time he was under condemnation at Newgate he seemed only to meditate on making his escape.
- As a result, they repeatedly solicited papal bulls condemning Jansenist works, and persecuted priests who refused formally to accept the condemnations.
- Condemnation of the serial killer has been matched by criticism of the ineffective work of the local police and school headmasters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.