- A delocalized band of energy levels in a crystalline solid which is partly filled with electrons. These electrons have great mobility and are responsible for electrical conductivity.More example sentences
- The laser light lifts electrons from the valence band into the conduction band, where they travel freely when a voltage is applied to the semiconductor.
- The electrons in the conduction band of this metal have no restrictions in their movement.
- In semiconductors there is a band gap - an energy barrier that electrons must overcome to reach the conduction band.
More definitions of conduction bandDefinition of conduction band in:
- The US English dictionary