- A person who sets out to defraud or deceive people by persuading them to believe something that is not true: his dad was a confidence trickster—spent a lot of time insideMore example sentences
- Another common name for this type of swindler or confidence trickster was magsman, originally the name for a man who ran a pitch-and-toss game, which was itself sometimes called magflying from the mags, halfpennies, which were used in it.
- Jerry is a confidence trickster, sidelining as a cut-price assassin.
- But it is also the hallmark of the confidence trickster down the ages.
More definitions of confidence tricksterDefinition of confidence trickster in:
- The US English dictionary