Definition of confocal in English:
1Having a common focus or foci: confocal ellipses
More example sentences
- Experimental traces used to compare to model simulations were obtained using a confocal spot detection methodology, described in detail previously.
- Here we present the application of confocal spot detection combined with fluorescence fluctuation analysis.
- In a multicolor confocal setup, optimal alignment is essential to guarantee maximal overlap of all detection volume elements in the different spectral ranges.
1.1Denoting or using a microscope whose imaging system only collects light from a small spot on the specimen, giving greater resolution.
- The boundary could be inspected during the experiment from the transmission image produced by the confocal microscope.
- He explains that once researchers learned how to mark the prion proteins, they added them to a culture of nerve cells and then began watching and taking photo images with a confocal microscope.
- In a confocal microscope, light passes through a pinhole to eliminate photons from outside the image plane.
Definition of confocal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan