Definition of congestion charge in English:
A charge made to drive into an area, typically a city centre, that suffers heavy traffic.
- We asked people in York how they felt about the council considering a congestion charge for the city centre
- Both bosses support the possibility of bringing in a congestion charge in the city centre.
- That's not to mention its exemption from the London congestion charge and road tax.
- Example sentences
- I wonder if York residents and motorists know that our city council is planning congestion-charging.
- But the new proposals were coupled with clear signs that hugely-controversial plans for congestion-charging would be extended from London to other parts of the UK.
- They said congestion-charging would be chaos.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan