Definition of congestion charge in English:
A charge made to drive into an area, typically a city centre, that suffers heavy traffic.
- We asked people in York how they felt about the council considering a congestion charge for the city centre
- Both bosses support the possibility of bringing in a congestion charge in the city centre.
- That's not to mention its exemption from the London congestion charge and road tax.
- Example sentences
- I wonder if York residents and motorists know that our city council is planning congestion-charging.
- But the new proposals were coupled with clear signs that hugely-controversial plans for congestion-charging would be extended from London to other parts of the UK.
- They said congestion-charging would be chaos.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.