Agreement or harmony; compatibility: the results show quite good congruence with recent studies
More example sentences
- More momentously, geometric proofs are guided by our deep ability to see points, lines, shapes and their symmetries, similarities and congruences.
- From coincidence, to congruence, to harmony, to synergy, the two films have to stand the new ground that they cut.
- That is, in order to be homologous, structures must satisfy the tests of similarity, congruence and conjunction.
compatibility, consistency, conformity, match, balance, consonance, rapport, parallelism, congruity;
agreement, concord, accord, consensus, unanimity, harmony, unison, unity, concert
- Example sentences
- The benefit of community involvement and congruency with the mission statement should be emphasized as part of this process.
- And companies must themselves embody those stories with congruency and authenticity.
- It's a lazy reflex to draw congruencies between a writer's manner and their prose, but her paragraphs have the same scrupulousness, the same deliberate observation.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: con|gru¦ence
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.