- (In certain fungi) a conidium-bearing hypha or filament.More example sentences
- Microscopically, the fungus produces solitary oval to dumbbell-shaped conidia on short, unbranched conidiophores lateral to septate hyphae.
- For observation of conidiophore structure, coverslips with aerial hyphae and conidiophores attached were dipped into 100% ethanol, mounted on slides, and observed microscopically.
- Although the first cells from hyphae looked like conidiophores, they were slenderer than conidiophores of the wild type.
More definitions of conidiophoreDefinition of conidiophore in:
- The US English dictionary