Relating to or denoting people descended from the same ancestor: consanguineous marriages may give rise to recessive syndromes
More example sentences
- We use the patterns of homozygosity at multiple loci to distinguish between excess homozygosity caused by consanguineous mating and that due to undetected population subdivision.
- It makes feasible the analysis of multilocus data observed on general pedigrees containing possibly consanguineous marriages and missing information.
- Horizontal lines represent crosses, thick horizontal lines are consanguineous crosses, and vertical lines represent descendants from such matings.
- Example sentences
- He had astutely noticed the high rate of consanguinity among normal parents of the deaf.
- In this situation, where consanguinity is assumed to be zero, the genealogies of genes at different loci are essentially independent.
- Having large families, consanguinity, lack of ante-natal ultrasound diagnosis, and disinclination for termination, all result in a proliferation of abnormal children for the portfolios of visiting photographers.
Words that rhyme with consanguineousignominious, Phineas, sanguineous
Definition of consanguineous in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.