- A person who advocates or acts for the protection and preservation of the environment and wildlife: [as modifier]: conservationist groupsMore example sentences
- Generations of conservationists and environmentalists have reinforced these views.
- The plan is signed by eminent ecologists and conservationists from around the world.
- What rancher or federal manager would listen to the management suggestions of a conservationist who advocated no grazing?
More definitions of conservationistDefinition of conservationist in:
- The US English dictionary