- A clear soup made with concentrated stock.More example sentences
- Black cabbage handily anchors a vegetable-and-white-bean soup, but duck consommé is too refined for the meaty, duck-filled tortellini it features.
- The aroma of orange zest cannily unites a clear amber miso consommé with a slew of fresh cockles.
- The shark's fin was made up of concentrated chicken consommé, gelatinized and shaped into strands like the authentic article.
French, past participle of consommer 'consume or consummate', from Latin consummare 'make complete' (see consummate).
More definitions of consomméDefinition of consommé in:
- The US English dictionary