Definition of consortium in English:
noun (plural consortia /-tɪə, -ʃə/ or consortiums)
1An association, typically of several companies.
- It would move the commissioning of care to local authorities, giving democratic control of the health service to locally elected people, with council consortiums commissioning more complex services.
- Examples of hybrid organizations include joint ventures and consortia that maximize resources, particularly information exchange between organizations.
- This would create opportunities for Irish syndicates and consortiums.
2 [mass noun] Law The right of association and companionship with one’s husband or wife: the amount awarded for loss of consortium must be included
More example sentences
- I though I read that the cause of action was for some form of loss of consortium - of the husband, that is.
- The action for loss of consortium in a sense would become irrelevant so far as concerns husbands and wives.
- The jury also made an award to him for loss of consortium.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan