Definition of constellation in English:
1A group of stars forming a recognizable pattern that is traditionally named after its apparent form or identified with a mythological figure.
- Section IV takes us off the land and into comets, galaxies and constellations of stars.
- Instead she tried to name the constellations in the stars.
- Maria and her father lay out under the stars, naming the constellations.
1.1A group of associated or similar people or things: no two patients ever show exactly the same constellation of symptoms
More example sentences
- The Defense Department has not yet selected all of the future locations for its new constellation of overseas facilities.
- That morning, a peddler on Broad Street had extended a constellation of needle marks into her path, hand holding a fake plastic flower.
- Both of these are definitely important considerations that capital owners weigh, but they are amongst a constellation of many others.
Definition of constellation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan