- The major industrial process used to make sulphuric acid, by oxidizing sulphur dioxide in the presence of a solid catalyst and absorbing the resulting sulphur trioxide in water.More example sentences
- Because of the purity of the acid produced, the contact process replaced the lead-chamber process during the late 1800s.
- The population model used was a discrete-time version of the basic contact process, modified slightly to respond to the habitat types of the landscape.
- A method for integrating salicide and borderless contact processes while avoiding current leakage at the shallow trench isolation edge is described.
More definitions of contact processDefinition of contact process in:
- The US English dictionary