- Apparently parents emit poisonous substances which contaminate their kids in much the same way that humans pollute the environment.
- They added somebody stealing food can be jailed while those who poison people by contaminating food can get away scot free.
- Groundwater will be polluted, which would contaminate drinking water.
- Example sentences
- ‘Moisture is considered an oil contaminator, just like metal particles,’ Urbano continues.
- This cleaning system is designed to safely and easily remove these contaminators from all your input devices.
- It is not suitable for recycled aggregates because these may also contain inorganic contaminators.
Late Middle English: from Latin contaminat- 'made impure', from the verb contaminare, from contamen 'contact, pollution', from con- 'together with' + the base of tangere 'to touch'.
contact from early 17th century:
Contact and contagion (Late Middle English) both go back to Latin contingere ‘touched’ formed from con- ‘with’ and tangere ‘touch’. Contaminate (Late Middle English) is related.
Words that rhyme with contaminatelaminate
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: con|tam¦in|ate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.