- A table showing the distribution of one variable in rows and another in columns, used to study the correlation between the two variables.More example sentences
- A contingency table was used to test the null hypothesis that the sex ratio was independent of habitat.
- In the contingency table for the full 24-class vegetation classification, two types of mismatches (errors in the traditional assessment) are highlighted.
- A two-by-two contingency table showed a significantly higher proportion of relapses among clinics on the Hong Kong Island.
More definitions of contingency tableDefinition of contingency table in:
- The US English dictionary