- A person or firm that undertakes a contract to provide materials or labour to perform a service or do a job: the school meals service is provided by private contractors building contractorsMore example sentences
- Outside contractors could provide the service more cheaply without a reduction in quality.
- Jill Russell condemned the use of private contractors in providing substandard food.
- In short, the Government is handing over public works to private contractors.
More definitions of contractorDefinition of contractor in:
- The US English dictionary