- A liquid or gas that is used to remove heat from something.More example sentences
- They are designed to dissipate the heat, which the coolant has absorbed from the engine.
- When you spray it, the coolant evaporates, taking with it the latent heat of the water and the hot air around it.
- Because liquid coolants are prohibited in Formula 1, the only means of keeping the temperature down is the air streaming through the brake cooling vents.
1930s: from cool, on the pattern of lubricant.
More definitions of coolantDefinition of coolant in:
- The US English dictionary