1The action or process of working together to the same end: they worked in close cooperation with the British Tourist Authority
More example sentences
- Tight cooperation between the two stations is aimed at catching criminals on the run.
- The two also discussed future cooperation between the two countries.
- The degree of anger versus cooperation between the couple is too great.
collaboration, working together, joint action, combined effort, teamwork, mutual support, partnership, coopetition, coordination, liaison, association, synergy, unity, concurrence, concord, accord, understanding, give and take, compromise;
1.1Assistance, especially by complying readily with requests: we should like to ask for your cooperation in the survey
More example sentences
- From this forum, I again request that understanding, cooperation and support.
- He would not have been in a position to offer that degree of assistance or co-operation to Mr Sherwood if the other officers were still to be tried alongside him.
- Your co-operation and assistance is appreciated and encouraged.
assistance, helpfulness, help, helping hand, aid, abettance, support, backing, contribution, participation;
offices, good offices, services, ministrations
1.2 Economics The formation and operation of cooperatives.
- The Master of Management Program at St. Mary's University is an innovative web-based program that brings together co-op and credit union professionals from around the world to learn how to combine the principles of cooperation with active, aggressive management practices.
- NCBA's communications department educates the public about how cooperation empowers producers, consumers, workers and independent businesses.
- Each year a select few men and women are honored because of their genuinely heroic contributions to the enhancement of cooperative enterprise and to the advancement of the principles of cooperation.
Late Middle English: from Latin cooperatio(n-), from the verb cooperari (see cooperate); later reinforced by French coopération.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: co|oper|ation
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.