- The number of atoms or ions immediately surrounding a central atom in a complex or crystal.More example sentences
- The hydration pattern is perturbed around the star site; the running coordination number is greater by 1.6 water molecules than that of the correct site.
- This definition of the first coordination shell gives a coordination number of ~ 2.65.
- Finally, we consider the effect of the coordination number of the heme iron atom.
More definitions of coordination numberDefinition of coordination number in:
- The US English dictionary